Water damage restoration companies – Homeowners and property managers in charlotte nc and Phoenix often require water damage restoration services for cleanup after flooding or putting out a household or business fire. If not cleaned up properly, standing water can leave unsightly stains, cause structural damage and create a need for mold removal services. If caused by a fire, homes like have additional damage that needs to be repaired.
Common causes of water damage in charlotte
- Sewer or plumbing back-ups
- Leaking water lines for dishwasher/washing machine
- Slab leaks
- Weather damage from heavy rain
- Floor-to-ceiling leaks in apartment buildings
- Flooding in low-lying areas
- Roof leaks
- Water used for putting out a fire
Parts of Mission Valley near the charlotte nc River commonly experience flooding during winter storms. Ocean Beach and parts of Point Loma are also subject to flooding, as well as some East County communities in the foothills. Heavy rains can cause standing water in many parts of charlotte nc due to poor drainage and gutter systems that weren’t designed to handle large volumes of water.
Dangers caused by water damage in Charlotte nc
Water damage that is not properly treated and restored can lead to secondary damage, such as mold growth and rot that leads to structural failure. Standing water also creates electrical hazards and provides a place for mosquitoes to breed.
Black water from sewage leaks or backup is full of bacteria that can make you, your family and your pets seriously ill. Because of the hazards caused by not handling water damage immediately, it’s essential to have a professional treat the problem as quickly as possible. Water damage restoration companies typically operate 24/7 so they can respond to emergencies. The sooner the problem is resolved, the fewer lingering issues you’ll have.
Fire and water damage restoration in Charlotte nc
If your home or business has water damage caused by fighting a fire, your home has additional damage. Most companies that perform water damage remediation in charlotte nc can also repair any destruction caused by fire.
After a fire is extinguished, your home needs immediate attention. A water and fire restoration company uses boards or tarps to cover any missing walls, windows or sections of your roof to prevent additional damage from weather. The company then begins removing any water left from firefighting efforts, cleaning smoke and soot from all surfaces and eliminating any odors left by the smoke.
Fire damage restoration companies should be able to restore your home to its condition before the fire, which may involve replacing drywall or carpet. Large fires may require more significant repairs, such as rebuilding rooms.
Smoke that originates from fires in nearby houses or apartments can also damage your home. If you continue to smell smoke after a fire near your home, a water and fire restoration company can remove the odor.
The cost of water damage restoration in Charlotte nc
The average price of water damage restoration in charlotte nc ranges from $725 to $2,500. Factors that affect the price include:
- Size of the affected area: A small leak that affects a patch of drywall is significantly less expensive to repair than a flood that leaves standing water in your basement.
- Extent of structural damage: If drywall or carpeting has been affected and needs to be replaced, your cost can rise significantly. If your roof allowed rainwater to leak into your home, you need to have it repaired.
- Source of water: If you have a sewage backup or leak that leads to black water in your home, the area needs to be decontaminated to remove bacteria that can cause serious health problems.
- Additional services: If there is debris that needs to be removed, or if the water has set long enough that mold has started to grow, the company needs to handle these problems as well.
Most water damage restoration companies in charlotte nc charge by the type of project and the square footage of area that needs to be repaired. Some companies charge an hourly rate for labor. When contacting businesses, ask if they offer flat rates for common services. Most companies are available 24/7 for emergencies, but you may pay extra for work performed outside of regular business hours.
Homeowners insurance typically covers the cost of repairing fire damage and water damage caused by accidental leaks and burst pipes, but damage caused by sewage lines that back up into your home may not be covered. Most policies specifically exclude flooding created by natural causes unless you purchase separate flood insurance.
Hiring a water damage restoration company in charlotte nc
While it’s crucial to repair fire or water damage as quickly as possible to prevent problems from growing worse, it’s equally essential to hire a company that is reliable, thorough and professional. Customer reviews are an excellent source of information when trying to find charlotte nc companies with experience and a reputation for getting the job done correctly.
Questions to ask when getting a quote for water damage restoration in charlotte nc
- Does the company perform free on-site inspections?
- How does the company charge? Are there extra fees for emergency service?
- How long until the company can begin work?
- What is the company’s water removal process, and will it prevent mold growth?
- Are the company’s technicians certified or required to undergo specialized training?
- Does the company provide a full range of services, including rebuilding walls and replacing carpet?
- Does the company work with insurance claims and paperwork?
- How much insurance does the company carry?
Ask if the company’s employees have certification from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC), the Restoration Industry Association or another professional organization that sets standards for quality. Any company you hire should provide a written estimate and contract that outlines the scope of work. Companies that perform repair services should carry a contractors license.
In the event of water or fire damage covered by insurance, consumers should know their rights under the California Insurance Code and Code of Regulations. The California Department of Insurance provides information for homeowners and tenants experiencing losses.
Fire and Water Damage Restoration charlotte nc Reviews
Service Master Restore Service
Master Restore is a national company that provides 24/7 water and fire damage restoration and mold removal in San Diego. They can help with clean-up, contents restoration, remediation and structural repairs. San Diego customers praise the company for its polite and friendly technicians and quick response times.